Sunday

Gaika and Masha are two  bears who were part of a Russian circus.

They lived on a truck for 17 years.The owner/trainer died and the circus was closed. Now they are at their new home at The Wild Animal Sanctuary. Watch them experience freedom for the first time.

There are many animals who are lucky enough to live out their lives in the wild — free to do whatever they want whenever. However, unfortunately, there are some who become part of human entertainment for profit and these animals are confined, abused, and enslaved. Case in point: Gaika and Masha.

In the video, watch as Gaika and Masha feel the grass beneath their paws for the first time after being rescued! They run, prance, and jump for joy (literally!).

This heartwarming video of freedom will make your day. Wait till 0:28 to see how happy these bears really are!

Responses to "Two Circus Bears Experience Freedom For The First Time In 17 Years"

no animal should ever be caged!!! Ban circuses with animals!!

That is so sad and yet so beautiful.

so happy for them I'm crying...............

Heartwarming to see and lovely to know they'll live the rest of their life free.

5. ivan wahl says:

No wild animal should be used in a circus....Bring in the clowns, there ought to be clowns.

That is so cute!!!

7. Blessings to the ones that released these beautiful animals and shame on those that lock them up.!

8. caroline says:

keeping animals for or in a circus should be banned everywhere....no need for this, give me a petition and I will sign it!!!

9. You feel the joy of these bears' first chance at a normal life. I'm happy for them. Wonderful story & video. I boycott all circuses with animals. Th ed ones that should be abused & caged up are the human animals!!!

10. Free at last! Better late than never....I am so happy for them.

11. betty says:

in the Netherlands not allowed to have (wild) animals in cirsuses.

Quit going to zoos, circuses, etc. Refuse to look. Teach the children the same. In time, perhaps the atrocities will end. I hope and pray, anyhow.

The thing is, we humans are animals in circuses. We perform for our treats and survival. And we all benefit from learning about other animals on our planet. Someone has to learn and teach, so we can all 'get along'...or at least be on the highest level of the food chain that one can. So, my suggestion is to quit. Quit judging, because if you get upset at the caging, and still want to learn, then either find a better solution, or Shhhhhhh. Have your opinions, just Shhhhhhh.

14. anonymous...the wealth of wildlife documentaries and scientists studying creatures in the wild precludes learning by locking up.Its brutal,and beneath the humans we should be aspiring to be.dont fool yourselves that you need this.That is simple arrogance.

15. Heart breaking. My also awesome to see them able to finally enjoy freedom and space to run wild.

16. Zero Elliott....you are absolutely correct. Who in their right mind would think you have to cage some thing to learn from it. How could it possibly act natural in a cage. I think he means "to make money from it" not "Learn from it".

17. I wish they had some old trees to climb in and to lay under when the sun is high but my god how wonderful to see even this small piece of freedom for them..