Tuesday

Animal Lover and wildlife photographer Kevin Bastarache was lucky to meet with 7 wolves. He says "Its a great feeling knowing that they are all doing good and happy in the wild.

Kevin Bastarache describes himself as a lucky photographer. In an interview he talks about his passion:

"As a resident of Canmore Alberta I have had some amazing and unforgettable experiences in the wild.

"It was these rare opportunities that led me to pick up a camera and pursue photography.As a self taught photographer i have learned from trial and error. I have spent countless early mornings and exploring around waiting for the perfect opportunity."

Photo Credit: Kevin Bastarache

"My goal is to capture the true essence and raw beauty of my surroundings that include Banff National Park, Lake Louise and Canmore Alberta." "I hope my pictures convey the respect and passion I have for some of the incredible animals i have been lucky enough to capture."

You can visit his facebook page here

I was finally able to spend some time with all 7 wolves this morning. Its a great feeling knowing that they are all doing good. Enjoy

Posted by Kevin Bastarache Wildlife & Nature Photography on Sunday, February 2, 2014

Responses to "Photographer's Amazing Encounter With 7 Wild Wolves."

They are curious but just can't be bothered. That is good.

There was very deep snowpack that year, so many were on roads, it was claimed by some in Alberta that photographers were baiting them. Very beautiful shots, but not good that they aren't afraid of a vehicle. Too many poachers and trophy hunters in Alberta.

I read a very deep study of ALL incidents in the US and Canada involving wolves..(bites, stalking etc) and a majority of the incidents happened because tourists (or photographers) had baited or fed the animals to get better shots...they got used to be fed and lost their natural fear and reserve. Animals need to be protected from US...only our own stupidity and the animals suffer and will be killed.

4. pilvikki says:

love seeing wild wolves and how they walk, run, their attitude. it is so different from those one sees in parks.
    thank you!

5. Jennifer kralick says:

Love your beautiful work, I've been with wolf breeds of many for years, the most amazing dedicated loving faithful family majestic animals and companions, I have a artic tundra great Northern wolf he's amazing and remarkable he's just a year old, his name is eyolf, totally my life has been completed and filled with so much since I have been blessed with these amazing breeds