Friday

Stormy is wonderful with kids. He’s well socialized and likes dogs and cats. But when his family welcomed their fifth child, Stormy was handed over to a Brooklyn shelter.

“If look on his face doesn’t say it all – he misses his family terribly and he has no idea what happened to them! His Mom felt he should not be around the new baby even though he has always been gentle, playful and affectionate with the 4 children he lived with,” Julie Carer wrote on Facebook.

“He is also playful and affectionate with big and small dogs. He is also respectful around a cat he spent time with. Freshy [now named Stormy] even loves to be hugged and held! And, to think his life could end shortly is really just too heartbreaking,” she continued.

Being a Pit Bull, at a busy shelter, his odds of finding a new home were not great. In fact they were nearly impossible – he was scheduled to be euthanized within a few hours of coming to the attention of Eleventh Hour Rescue, who saw the post from a volunteer who described what it was like meeting Stormy (previously named Freshy) at the shelter:

“I always have to wash my hands after walking a dog, but with Freshy I had to rinse my whole arm! Freshy is so loving he practically gave my arms a bath, and when he wasn’t busy licking me, he’d lean in to my legs begging for back scratches.”

“Freshy is a handsome guy, who’s even caught the attention of staff members: upon seeing Freshy, staff came to the yard to visit with him and expressed his admiration for the big happy guy! He sure is hard not to love!”

Photo Source Julie Carner

When Alana Guerrini, a volunteer and foster carer for Eleventh Hour Rescue, saw his profile her heart broke.

She knew Stormy was special, and raced to save his life, which she did with just minutes to spare.

“He was due to be put down at 5 o’clock, and it was 4:58 or 4:59 when we got the word that ‘We’ll let you take him, and he’s officially yours and off of death row,’” Guerrini said.

She and her son went to pick him up and take him home. From the moment Stormy stepped into her car, he showed how happy and loving he is. He climbed into her son’s lap and wouldn’t stop wagging his tail.

Now that he’s safe, Guerrini plans on finding him the perfect family.

Responses to "Affectionate dog left at shelter to die because his family having another baby"

1. sel1891 says:

What about THIS baby???? This is a family member too!! We don't just discard family members at will! Commitments were made and should be adhered to. Obviously there were no problems with this precious baby so the problem lies with his former owners who could do something so heartless. Thank you so much for rescuing this wonderful guy and good luck with finding him his forever home. He deserves the best!

2. Rese says:

Rotten humans!!! Just throwing Your Precious Pup away like garbage you ought to be ashamed of yourself that pup would have loved your baby till the end of his life! I hope he finds a wonderful loving home because his previous family does not deserve him or his love

3. Gaetano says:

God bless the rescuers!

I would take him he can be apart of my family

5. Doglover says:

I would love to take him to be a part of my family. He is a beautiful dog.

6. Dianna says:

Has Stormy found a new home?

7. Diana says:

What a pack of arseholes to throw away a loving pet which has already proven his worth and love to all your children. To do this - you two parents deserve karma to get you one day.

8. Thank you for saving Freshy . I pray God will bless you and your son all the days of your life for your kindness and goodness . There are angels on earth I think you are one of them .

In what kind of world we live in that we 'discard' living beings like they are waste do get rid of nice and clean :-(, and for what? No reason at all. They should we punished.

Can he be transported to nor California?? Must love cats!! I have 2 El
    Eleven yr olds

11. Rottenk9 says:

Thank God for the mother and son for saving him from death. Almost every pitbulls goes first in a high kill shelter. The pics just show how calm and cute he is. I hope he gets the most loving forever Home.Again that's to the rescuers for seeing the good soul he has.

They should make the previous owner information public so they get all the hate mail. People like that should not be allowed to have a dog. That dog was too god for those people. How do you discard a beautiful loving dog like that. She keeps bringing more trash to this world like herself which is a trash .

13. Where is he please, would love to adopt this baby?

well when the family has another human baby maybe they will have to discard one of their human babies that they already have to make room for their new human baby maybe they should be snipped and taken the ovaries out so they can't have anymore babies. The Orphanages are full to.

15. I really hope that they NEVER EVER GET ANY OTHER ANIMAL they dont deserve to have any they are NOT THROW AWAY Dogs are just like humans with feelings for Gods sake and thank GOD he had an angel watching over him and God wants him to live, I really hope the karma bus comes around to that family for sure.

This is nonsense. Dogs are terrific companions....

17. Invgjan says:

If only they could make the names of selfish assholes like this public. They deserve to be publicly shamed for tossing this sweet baby away like he was nothing! Great lesson for their kids. How do heartless monsters like this live with themselves??